HeroesCon 2024 - RIB04

HeroesCon 2024

TLDR: Go to HeroesCon

        HeroesCon 2024 was my first convention, ever. It also happened to take place in my hometown, so I figured I’d see what it was about. I know it seems a bit odd that I haven’t gone before, given that in the whole nation this convention is probably the largest that has a majority focus on actual comic books, but I really hope that you’ll believe me when I say that I love comics and have since a very young age.

        Unfortunately, due to life circumstances, I could only attend on Sunday with $200 to spare. This will be a very short blog, I detailed everything I bought over on X so if you want pictures of all the cool loot, head on over there.

I’ll get this out of the way immediately, the only real conversations I had with people at the con were Drew Moss and a stranger I met in line for the Chris Claremont signing. We shot the shit about the usual, favorite comics, the state of things, etc. but I don’t think anything would excite you, dear reader. One interesting thing is that Mr. Moss told me about how important floppy sales are while he was signing my copy of Thundercats 2024 #1 after I had asked him how long the current Thundercats run was meant to go on for. I thought that was a real shame because I, and so many others I know, only really buy collected editions. On the bright side, Mr. Moss was super nice and the only creator who really tried to talk to me out of all the ones I met (he was also the youngest, no shade though) but without further ado let me tell you what I got:

  1. A print signed by Jim Starlin of Thanos standing in front of Eternity
  2. The Drew Moss signature I talked about earlier, as well as a holographic Spider-Ham sticker he gave me and my brother
  3. A Death Dealer print from the Frazetta Art Museum booth along with a small art card
  4. A collector’s edition variant of IDW’s G.I. Joe: ARAH #289 signed by Larry Hama himself
  5. A signed copy of MEZO #1
  6. A signed Simon Bisley variant of the TMNT Out of Time Annual
  7. Lastly, a blank cover of Giant-Size X-Men #1 signed with an inscription by Chris Claremont himself

That’s all I got and saw. I missed plenty of booths such as Kamen America’s, DWJ’s (the Energon Universe is so good), and Four Horsemen Studios, I also missed out on seeing the Art Auction (DWJ had a super cool painting up for grabs) and any other events but hopefully next year I can attend with more money and time. Despite my limited access to the con, I still had an absolute blast. It was one of the coolest days I’ve gotten to experience and I’m grateful for it.

Nikhil Saxena

Founder, Destrier Studios

https://linktr.ee/destrierstudios

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knave 2e Review - RIB03

Elven Maid Inn: Tales from the Tavern Magazine Issue #1 Review - RIB01

Shadowdark Review - RIB05